Going to corporate sector, do you have any Reference!Going to corporate sector, do you have any Reference!



I was doing my Fsc, when first time I happened to send my application for American full bright scholarship and they ask me to provide at least three references. It was one of the most troublous things for me regarding this application.
After 3-4 years when I was just going to complete my graduation with specialization in human resource management, I caught again in same trouble. At that time, I need some references for getting internship. I discuss this with many people and about all of them told me, that it seems to be impossible to get internship without references so you must search for some references instead of some internship. So, I did the same and got my internship. Though, I got the internship but this thing was quite frustrating for me that instead of having good academia, I need some individual who refer me towards some organization in which he has some links (relation, reference etc). I don’t know about this that whether in western societies it is so or not but in case of Pakistan it is cent percent true except few organizations which are usually multinational. But as far as national organizations are concerned this is one of the pathetic phenomenons.
It is not just up to getting internships or go for some job, in case you have to visit some organization for getting know how about the processes or internal working of the organization, than again you need some references or otherwise you will caught in so much formalities that it will be quite harder for you to complete your assigned task on time.
Till now I was talking about the potential employees of the organizations while on the other side, there are employees and many of them I have heard complaining that
Fresh Graduates of this epoch are not capable enough to perform better in the corporate sector; there is lack of education standard; fresh graduates are not capable enough; you can’t perform because you don’t have experience”

This few and many other comments you can get from the employers or even well experienced employees of the corporate sector. But you find them unable to answer this question that how much efforts they are making in order to developing the graduates which are according to the demand of the industry. Are they playing the role which they really need to be and on the other hand what type of behavior they are trying to cultivate in the fresh graduates which just have entered in the market and what type of culture we are developing in our society. Only corporate sector is not responsible for all that universities/institutes also part of this major lack of calibration, on the screen we may see some one taking about university-industry collaboration but the actual efforts being made by the institutes, there is nothing hidden.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your Feedback has utmost importance for us, Please spend your few minutes by giving your comments.